10 Dec Logo and Branding Development
Developing a logo for an artist or other entity is much more than just about the logo itself. It’s about creating branding, a family of graphics that all work together, and that are tied and created around the core logo.
A great logo should have the minimum characteristics:
- a combination of words/abbreviations and a simple graphic whereas:
- the words or initials in a unique font that can be pulled out and stand on its own
- and the simple graphics that can be pulled out and stand on its own as well
- clean, high res enough to allow for multiple uses, from a pin to a Tshirt, to a poster, to a stage backdrop
- unique characteristics that align with the artist’s branding, messaging, and targeted audience.
While these aren’t the best pictures and examples, here are a few I recently shot to portray what I am thinking.